streetsy.com

While I was interning yesterday I ran into streetsy.com & wooow. Streetsy.com is a site dedicated to street art and if you're like me you're a fan. I don't see that much out in CA but maybe I am just not around the right areas. The only street art I see is the hood graffiti on the walls. Some mural's here and there and Obey stickers but not a lot of street art [maybe I should research]. Cali's landscape and decor doesn't really fit for street art like in these place [In the photos: Philly and London]. We do have galleries dedicated to street art (but of course right?) A lot of people see it as vandalism and I can see where that comes in but for the most part it looks good to me. But I'm the type that sees too much perfection and thinks "boring" so splattering paint on the walls is my speed. Besides what's a city with character without inspirational, meaningful street art. I think it reflects some kind of consciousness and culture.







0 offbeats:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © the offbeat life
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com