13.

Random BS for the day :)

When I was 13, I thought Beyonce was the most beautiful, talented thing walking on this Earth
Now: She's still great but I'm not obsessed...by a long ass shot lol

When I was 13, I thought I was in love
Now: I'm in love with my dreams and fell out of love with that thing a while ago

When I was 13, I had discovered N*E*R*D
Now: I'm a full blown fan

When I was 13, The Blueprint II was my favorite album out, Jay was my fav rapper
Now: He's still one of my fav rappers, I used to go hard for him back in the day

When I was 13, I used to make my shirts tighter by putting a rubber band around the back end of my shirt and rolling it under

Now:
The shits tacky! Saw someone with their shirt like that at my job...w/ a hair tie...are you still serious? I didn't have enough body to fill out a loose shirt for a while so I always liked tight shirts and tight clothing until I blossomed a bit.

When I was 13, I loved Timbs ( had em in all sorts of colors), Jordans, button ups, and bubble jackets
Now: I'll do some sneaks or chucks here and there but it's mainly sandals, flats, and heels.

When I was 13, Bow Wow - Baby seemed like the soundtrack of my life
Now: I realized I was being very dramatic and he's a cornball to me.

When I was 13, My parents bought me a charm bracelet from Tiffany's that got stolen
Now: I feel bad about it and don't understand why my parents weren't mad

When I was 13, I was a vegetarian
Now: I'm trying (struggling) to get back to those good eating habits

When I was 13, I wanted a dude like Scarface
Now: I can see the point in that long lecture my mom gave me when I told het that

When I was 13, I was still playing video games
Now: Nope.

When I was 13, I had a lot of guy friends
Now: They don't exist and it's damn near impossible to maintain one without someone catching feelings.

When I was 13, I couldn't even imagine talking to a guy 2 years older than me and up
Now: I love older men.

When I was 13, I sat both of my parents down and explained to them why I will be having a boyfriend even though I was not allowed to & how it was needed.
Now: I never even got with the dude

So many other ridiculousness occurred at that time.
If my 20 year old self could tell my 13 year old self some things it would be to not lose her academic determination (I cared about good grades at that time), beware of who I befriend, and rise above the drama and negativity that was occurring in my life at that time. Lots of stuff I could not control was going on including non sense that I could have. I used to be the sulky type. Glad I learned. What would you tell your 13 year old self?

2 offbeats:

Unknown | July 25, 2010 at 7:24 PM

good post!
yeah a lot has changed since that first year of being a teenager lol. I, myself am 23 now. Man.. hanging around all of those fast people, little children wanting to live the wild life and starting to have sex, use drugs etc...
--i didnt get down with that.. but I sure did start slacking with my grades, and didn't learn my lesson until AFTER highschool lol. shame.

I know two young girls that are 12 and 13... I def have given them the heads up before they hit the rocky roads lol

critter-can | July 26, 2010 at 4:55 PM

love this post!!!

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © the offbeat life
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com