music and my life.

my speech class buddy asked if i blog
i said yea
she said do people read
i said no
it's kind of like how we write in our notebooks, we know no one is gonna read this shit
i got followers on tumblr though
class was over
over to anthro
where i would daydream about the bomb ass music i discovered!

i love jhene's new mixtape, "sailing souls". I've liked her ever since her "No Love" days with B2K.





In other news, I am on the late train but this hip-hop collective from Los Angeles called OFWGKTA, is about to takeover very fast and I am happy because it shows that the game is about to change really quick if they're received well. I mean come on, Beyonce, The Neptunes on the bandwagon? Labelheads reaching out to em. Kanye hailing this as the video of 2011:



and then there's the R&B side of this collective which gives me life






Downloaded both mixtapes of these individuals. There are way more artist in this collective but these are my favorite so far. The industry is in dire need of change from the overtly sexual songs, club songs, bitches and hoe songs, hood songs, poppy songs. This collective is a breath of fresh air to me.
 
 
Copyright © the offbeat life
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com