New Years Resolutions

This year was literally a .... storm, as I like to put it.
My life changed just like I wanted it to at the beginning of the year.
As I get older my goals get bigger and bigger. It's scary. I think of all my magnificent plans for next year and think "This is huge, is this really what it's come to?" Or am I just being that good ol' dreamer. I'll see in 2012. I went from being stuck in the beginning of the year only focusing on the gym and boys to actually getting my foot in the door and providing a stepping stone for myself. (Had a wakeup call) One thing that is pissing me off though...

School. Must take care of that by next year, I have never been a school person unless it had something to do with English and the Arts. I'm not orderly either so that creates a bad formula for education but I am making due, done with my major requirements for this fall so now I just need to smooth out some kinks and figure what school I'd like to go to. I would love to go out of state but I have huge plans for Los Angeles. I'm into my major, but not into my major, therefore my approach to school varies. I know it's something I have to do though.

This year I got my foot in a door that I have never believed I would. I had an internship offer with MTV also but could not take that up for school purposes. (Glad I didn't! Way too busy) Which brings me to the current internship I have now and will have for a minute. Met the two greatest supervisors who give me life and two wonderful girls who inspire me. It's like a whole nother life when I'm out there, work overlooks the hollywood hills, we go to all of these cool events, not to mention I go to school nearby, so it's like I live a different way when I am on that side of town and then I come to this boring hometown, work, and live a regular life. It's all good, it pushes me.

I also said I wanted to change my circle this year. It did change, I don't have a "circle" now. Will later, it comes naturally. Social life suffered, but everything else went up big time. It's amazing how things happen when you meditate on it so hard.

What is so weird about my life is that my new year is literally a new damn year. It's so subconscious but it happens that way for me. Therefore I believe in resolutions because why? It works for me.

My resolution for 2011 is to finally put living my best life into gear, maybe not full gear, but A gear. The life that I have always dreamed of. A life beyond mediocrity. A life of happiness and profit, peace and progress. Ever have a great feeling about something but don't know what it is? That's exactly how I feel.

0 offbeats:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © the offbeat life
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com