moon talk...

happy meal
that's all that was...
a happy meal.

:) In other news

I dream of quitting my job.
I dream of a day when I don't have to work orderly, predictable, usual, regular jobs
To be free so I could just do me
...but I understand that right now... I must do what I have to do to do what I want in the future.

Next year I must go out of state and eventually get to a point where I travel everywhere. It's an itch I need to seriously scratch. There's one place in particular that has been calling me ever since I was a little girl. It's a must do.


Lately I've been feeling Kid Cudi's album quite heavily lately. It definitely had to grow on me as did his last album. The more I listen to his music the more I realize how talented he is. I really did not mean to make this a blog about Kid Cudi but I realized he is doing something extremely different in regards to other black, male, artists in the game. His music is very reminiscent of a lot of 70's artist to me with the sincere captures of human emotion, stories, introspect, and honesty. This is also a very dark album so to speak in regards to the whole mood of it. You can definitely tell the changes in him if you listen to this album and listen to the first album. I had a moment where I got a little irritated with him because I felt he was not doing "real hip hop" but I decided to discount him as a hip hop artist and to just accept that he loves music and is an artist, which you can tell by his lyrics and melodies. With that said I have yet to listen to Kanye West's CD heavily which is pretty good also. I love Kanye but lately I've been really picky with the music I listen to. I really don't have the appetite to listen to braggadocios, oversexed, or violent lyrics...at least right now. That is not exclusive to Kanye West, just with other bullcrap that's out now. I'm just in a different phase in my life right now. I've been listening to a lot of Roy Ayers, Don Blackman, Gil Scott Heron, Sade, Maxwell, Theophilus London, Jon Coltrane and Duke Ellington...thinking, zone out, music. The only people hot right now that I can tolerate is Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye and Wiz Khalifa.

With that said I'm gonna go take a bath, read, then sleep.

0 offbeats:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © the offbeat life
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com