i took a bath tonight
instead of a shower
i stayed in there for what seemed like an hour
it's raining outside
the water was warm
the water was calm
i got out feeling so good
i floated towards my bedroom
threw off my towel and threw myself on the bed
50 degrees and raining outside, no heat, naked, in my bed
this mysterious warmth inside of me kept me from freezing
i closed my eyes
why was i smiling?
as i started to drift into my thoughts on the way to sleep
i noticed this feeling in my chest
this thump that was dancing, i even felt in my upper back
i heard something
something i hadn't heard so loud in such a long time
i studied it
then it became a bit familiar
it was my heart beating
it was racing
thats when i knew...that i might be falling for you
that heartbeat will silence in due time
we probably won't be because you're too chicken shit to do anything
your insecurity and lack of aggression will equate to zero progression
and it'll just be a factor of what could have been
and you'll just be a fling on my list.
the end.

0 offbeats:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © the offbeat life
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com