i used to fake sick for this



Because when I would come home Nick Jr. just was not on. Mom would pick me up from daycare at in the evening and of course there were times for Rugrats and the like but shows like Little Bear, Franklin, and especially Blue's Clues were crack to me back then and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I was a little girl.

No doubt when I was actually sick it was the best thing on earth. Bed, Nick Jr., mom's catering to me. Yes.

The feeling I got knowing faking my sore throat worked when the nurse called my mom to pick me up was euphoric. I would sit on the cot and just smile to myself, yes, I get to go home.

Moms would pull up and I'd try so hard to fake it, get in the back seat of her then Mitsubishi and ride home. She would see me smiling and ask "why you smilin? you aren't sick." Whatever, we're home already. Hopped in the bed watched Nick Jr. and when that went off it was onto BET for the music videos :) Back then when it was channel 23.
 
 
Copyright © the offbeat life
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com