STFU and watch the game

Man, as I was sitting and watching the Thunder v. Laker game with my fam I started to think about the majority of females I have watched sports with and how irritating they can be. These are the types I've run across:

1. The blabbermouth
As a Laker fan, I have had my share of females who have jumped on the Laker-hater boat & have expressed to me that they don't like the Lakers. Cool. The problem is when the shit-talking gets so rampant that they're not even watching the game. They don't even care about the game, they just wanna talk (and yes... females...we like to talk). It doesn't stop there though, they make juvenile comments such as "aha that's why he didn't make it" and repeat the same sentiments over and over. You can't even hear the audio because they're talking so damn much.
All logic FLIES out of the window when their mouth opens. Almost every "laker hater" female fan has used Kobe's run-in with the law as a justification for not liking the team. As if that has anything to do with anything.

"Yeah that's what you get for raping that girl"
"I don't like the Lakers because of Kobe, he cheated on his wife"
Is what I hear 98% of the time when he misses a shot, or when the team has a bad day. WTF does that have to do with SPORTS?

Yea, everyone has that constant shit talker when it comes to sports but please keep it in sports, and know how to shit talk. I can appreciate a true team hater. Not one that's not into sports at all so they pretend to be involved, just don't say anything at all and maybe you'll learn something.
STFU and watch the game.

2. The one who gets mad if you ignore them or cut them off
Maybe I'm conditioned and I've gotten used to the days when I was a little girl and I would ask my dad or my bro a question and they were hypnotized by what was going on. I understood and I did even more when I got into watching sports. It's nothing personal, sometimes folks are just into the game. I usually get back when a commercial is on & sorry if I cut you off from talking about that one bitch we don't like with my yelling about that unfair foul call. "It be like that sometimes" :\ Just stfu and watch the game with me.

3. "Omg, it's not that serious" "Omg, you are really into this"
Yea dummy. Now, stop studying my excitement like a science project, stfu and watch the game.
4. The catty one
Some females are still little girls, actually this whole entry is probably based on "little girl" behavior. So they make snarky comments towards you for even liking sports. "You don't even look like you like sports", "Since when did you get into basketball" etc and the comments never stop. This is usually the female rolling her eyes throughout the game when you express excitement. Here's the deal, a lot of females that partake in LG behavior don't like to see other females up on something that they are not. Especially when it is connected to men. So they get a little insecure. Honey, it's not that deep. STFU and watch the game.

5. The Superficial Friend
The one who hasn't even started to get into the game because she is too busy focusing on how ugly a player is, how cute he is, how he needs a haircut, his ugly tattoo, his hands, or how he looks like some dude she's talkin to. An occasional comment is cool here and there but STFU and watch the game

6. The competitive one, the know-it all
I'll keep it simple. She likes sports just as much as you do but she turns it into some catty competition by quizzing you about it to the point where she totally forgets about the game in front of her. STFU and watch the game.

I'm pretty sure a lot of women can relate to this.
 
 
Copyright © the offbeat life
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com